Jupiter Assault & Battery Attorney
Aggressive Advocacy for Tough Cases in West Palm Beach
Having strong legal defense on your side can help you avoid the harsh penalties associated with assault and battery offenses. The Law Office of Joseph G. Sconzo P.A. is equipped with the necessary legal knowledge and resources to guide you through every step of the complex legal process.
Jupiter assault and battery attorney Joseph G. Sconzo understands the stress and anguish involved with this type of charge. He is committed to delivering the personalized legal representation that you require and can work to have your charges reduced or eliminated.
Understanding Assault & Battery Charges
In Florida, assault and battery are treated as separate offenses. While assault deals primarily with threats of imminent force, battery refers to touching another without consent. The latter includes offenses that lead to injury or that are sexual in nature.
There are several types of assault and battery crimes. State laws set forth a sentence requirement for each specific kind of offense.
The classifications and penalties for assault and battery crimes include:
- Aggravated battery: Charged as a second-degree felony and punishable by up to 15 years in prison and a maximum fine of $10,000
- Felony battery: Charged as a third-degree felony and punishable by up to five years in prison and a maximum fine of $5,000
- Simple battery: Charged as a first-degree misdemeanor and punishable by up to one year in prison and a maximum fine of $1,000
- Aggravated assault: Charged as a third-degree felony and punishable by up to five years in prison and a maximum fine of $5,000
- Simple assault: Charged as a second-degree misdemeanor and punishable by up to 60 days in prison and a maximum fine of $500
Let the Law Office of Joseph G. Sconzo P.A. Fight for You
If you have been accused of or arrested for assault and battery in West Palm Beach, Attorney Joseph G. Sconzo can help you understand your legal options and serve as an aggressive advocate on your behalf.
Don’t face these charges alone. Reach out to a Jupiter assault and battery attorney now at (561) 235-0072.
We Are Dedicated to Our Clients & Achieving Their Goals
Successful Track Record With Over 9 Years of Experience
Excellent reputation with opposing counsel, law enforcement officials, prosecutors and federal & local judges.
Decorated 25 Year Career As A Special Agent of the FBI
He is a father and family man, and my husband and I instantly bonded with him as he handled our daughters case as if he was not ...- D. & T.
His knowledge and ability to deal with opposing counsel and prosecutors, while establishing an excellent rapport with the judges ...- B.